Thursday, August 26, 2010

Please Pray

For the past 2 weeks I have had this nagging feeling that I needed to go visit my mom.  But with school starting for the boys and all the absolute choas that the last month has been, it just wasn't in the cards.

Yesterday morning I received a phone call that my mom had a stroke Tuesday night and was admitted to the hospital in Mesa Arizona.  She wants me to be there with her.  So I'm heading to the airport in about 30 minutes to be with my mom and to figure out long term care arrangements need to be made.  I guess it was in the cards.

If you could please pray for me that I will think clearly and rationally and make good decisions, and for my mom's recovery.  She is 84 years old and has been deteriorating mentally for the past several years.  When I visited her in May I felt it was no longer safe for her to live on her own, but I must help her to see that and then find a suitable solution.  She is a believer.

Also, please pray for the boys and Brian.  Brian James is quite upset about my leaving with him still being in high anxiety mode from starting school 4 days ago.  Daddy is canceling classes in the tech school until I return so he can play Mr. Mom.  Please pray for him, for the juggling act that motherhood is, that he would be given an extra measure of patience, kindness, and understanding, to be both mom and dad while I am away.

Blessings and peace,

Natasha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please have someone contact us from the Micah project. We would like to come visit this fall and support the ministry.
the Reilly family
jillreilly@gmail.com

Search Engine Submission - AddMe