Thursday, May 13, 2010

City of Roses

Hello everyone from Portland, the City of Roses.  And can I just say this...BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!  Apparently I have completely acclimated to the 85 degrees and 90% humidity of Honduras.  I'm off to Walmart for a hoodie and some wool socks.

Yesterday we ran a few errands and I was completely disoriented.  Navigating the streets in the slums of Teguc is a piece of cake but remembering how to get around Beaverton/Tigard, not so much.  Michael Anthony is placing bets on who will be first, me or Brian, to get a ticket or arrested for driving Honduran.  I'm not sure how many times I fogot that you actually have to stop at the STOP sign here.  And that cruising over into oncoming traffic to avoid the line waiting to go through the light tends to make other drivers a little bit testy. 

At Target I was somewhat annoyed about not being able to buy Claritin D without a prescription.  Your kidding, right?  I can get Percocet just by asking in Honduras and I can't get a decongestant here without seeing a doctor first?  Okay, I've got to remember how things work here or I could find myself in a teensy bit of trouble.

We are here, though, very comfortable and feeling quite lavished at a dear friends house and heading out for the matinee of Iron Man 2 in IMAX.  I'll write more later.  Peace and blessings to you all.

No comments:

Search Engine Submission - AddMe